[DMCForum] Re: Wrong-headed laws

I hear you.  I don't know that geographic location comes in to
play.  I see it everywhere.  I think it is a product of the "don't
hit your child" age that we live in.  People don't know any other
way to discipline there child so if they aren't suppose to hit them
they think they aren't supposed to discipline them.  We don't hit
our kids but they sure get a lot of discipline.  All I have to do is
raise my voice and they know they've done something wrong.  It's
funny, we get compliments when we go to a restaurant and our kids
sit and eat there meals like an adult.  I wouldn't accept any other
behavior.  Yet the kids in the next booth a running around the
restaurant or screaming and yelling.

40 years old? Man, labor must have been hell on you mom.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@xxxx>
wrote:
> wannadelorean wrote:
> > I was like you once.  I hated kids.  Never wanted any.  My wife
and
> > I were married 12 years before we had our first.  Now I wish we
> > hadn't waited so long.  They are the best thing in the world.
>
> I don't hate them so much as detest the fact that they're badly-
raised
> around here. Everywhere I go there's some squallin' young-un who
needs
> his bottom smacked, and the parent just stands or sits there like
it's
> the most natural thing in the world to have a child who has no
respect
> for anyone but himself. If my wife (whoa, that's optimistic!) and
I ever
> decide to have children, it will be a serious decision, not only
on how
> to raise them, but also how to raise them in light of the fact
that
> they'll be raised differently from all the other children they
know. At
> the moment however, I'm not even considering it.
>
> > Farrar, are you an only child?
>
> No, I'm the youngest of three. But keep in mind that I was 40
before I
> left the womb. ;)
>
> --Farrar

click here