[DMCForum] Re: Wrong-headed laws: Was: Child Car Seats In A Delorean

[DMCForum] Re: Wrong-headed laws: Was: Child Car Seats In A Delorean

Wow, I could agree more.

I had not heard this story but it mirrors the pool story.  This
woman in Florida is trying to get the pool fence law passed because
her son suffered brain damage and eventually died from a pool
drowning.  She stated that she never thought she had to think about
pool safety because she didn't own a pool.   Her son drowned at a
friends house while she was there for a party.  She also claimed
that she wasn't negligent and that she was watching her child.  I
don't see how this could be unless she watched him drown.

I do own a pool and I know I have to think about pool saftey so why
penalize me because people who don't own pools don't think they have
to be concerned about them.

I think in many cases these type of laws do more harm than good.
These pool fences make parents complacent about there pools and feel
that pool safety is taken care by the fact that they have the
fence.  This just isn't true.  Kids are creative and if they are
left unsupervised to where they could drown in a pool, then they
probably have enough time to figure out how to get around the
fence.  I say let natural selection work it out for us, not our
legal system.  Sounds harsh, I know, but I'm tired of the masses
having to pay for a few idiots mistakes.

click here