Re: [DMCForum] Re: Compensating (Farrar)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Compensating (Farrar)

Bill:

I don't cover mine -- not much point, since it's a darkish colour that
doesn't show dirt. Just has sort of a "matte finish". Plus it has
acquired a few scrapes and scratches over the years. Still, when it
rains it looks pretty good. Amazes people when I tell them there's
almost 100,000 miles on the clock and all I've ever done is replace
fluids, sensors, and belts.

My DeLorean will probably be kept covered, although it wouldn't be much
protected against hail, I'm afraid. Perhaps I can just leave town
whenever a hailstorm is approaching... I already leave whenever a
hurricane is close by.

--Farrar

content22207 wrote:
> No problem there -- I always use a protective cover. Have a custom one
> that fits BETTER than a glove. Expensive, but worth every penny. After
> years of use it looks almost brand new (some staining here & there,
> but that's only to be expected. Plus I put it on with greasy hands
> sometimes, and that leaves little black marks).
>
> Do you rub yours down with McGuire's or any other preservative? Have
> heard they help keep it supple.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
I'm a
Man Woman