Re: [DMCForum] Re: more gullwing

Based on the pictures I have seen of the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Coupe's doors have two hinge points which make it a gullwing rather than
butterfly.  The fwd hinge is located at the base of the A piller and the
aft hinge is at the top.  The cabrio version has the butterfly doors,
which is a single hinge point that the door rotates around.  It would be
kind of hard to hang that whole door on the windshield with no roof...

Andrei

--
Andrei Cular
Mechanical Engineer