Re: [DMCForum] back to Bush bashing

Dave Stragand wrote:
> "Bush made the right decision in remaining calm, in not rushing out of the
> classroom," said Lee Hamilton, vice chairman of the Sept. 11 commission and
> a former Democratic congressman from Indiana.

Any veterans on this list? He didn't remain calm; he froze. Anybody
remember watching guys freeze when they first saw real combat or one of
their buddies being blown apart by a land mine? It's hard to keep a man
calm when you're picking his friends' entrails off of him. He either
freezes or breaks.

Thank God Dubya only froze and didn't break.

IMHO, since 11 September 2001, this country's foreign policy has been
about as successful as the Terra Nova Expedition. But don't ask me to do
any better. I'd end up like Captain Oates.

And before you start telling me that I'm some bleeding-heart liberal,
I'll state for the record that I believe our entire political system is
fuct and I can't fix it. I don't like anybody in power, and I have none,
so I keep myself occupied with things like school and work and cars and
trying to get laid now and again.

It's the American Dream 2.0, baby.

--Farrar