[DMCForum] Re: Now, Regan?

Reagan presidency was mostly run by the cabinet (the man slept through
cabinet meetings!). That's why there was so much chaos among its
members when he was shot. Remember Alexander Haig proclaiming "I am in
control now"? Dementia was also setting in by the end. Makes his
closed door performance before the Iran-Contra investigators painful
to watch. The poor man needed to be at home, not in DC.

Difference between liberals and conservatives: liberals can hate a
man's policies without hating the man himself, and methodically seek
to replace him for the sole purpose of getting new policies in effect.
Conservatives can hate a man irrespective of his policies and are not
happy to merely have him out of power but continue to attack him as if
he were a scourge that must be eliminated from the earth.

Oliver North admits he lied to congress and is celebrated as a
Republican hero. Bill Clinton is found not guilty of lying to congress
and Republicans go into hysterics. Go figure.

Speaking of liberals: when did caring for those worse off than
yourself become a character flaw? When did inclusiveness and empathy
become faults? Why do Republicans claim exclusive dominion over the
armed forces? (I always they they were non-partisan) Why are Democrats
portrayed as big spenders when the only administration to lower
government expenditures (as a percentage of GDP) in the past 20 years
was Bill Clinton's? So many mysteries...

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "malevy_nj" <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> Flip side??  Nope..  None of what was discussed in that article had
> anything to do with why I think Regan was a bad president (and an
> awful human being).
>
> You asked me to explain, so I will do my best.. However, I warn you
> that I am not properly armed to go too far with this discussion.
>
> It is now published fact that Regan was involved in keeping the
> American hostages in Iran as a tool to win the election.  He risked
> the lives of American citizens being held in a foreign country for
> the purpose of his political career.
>
> Afghanistan?  Osama??  Saddam? products of the Regan administration.
>
> Arms for Hostages?  Ollie North? Go read about them..  See what was
> not on the news.
>
> You want to talk about scandal, and shenanigans..  Regan had them all
> beat..  well, until Bush Jr. came along.  :)
>
> He was an actor.. which is why he was so well liked.
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Perhaps you'd care to explain why you feel this way?
> >
> > Here's the flip side in advance.  Feel free to dispute:
> <SNIP>

click here