[DMCForum] Dexcool sucks...

Hi Walt, if it means anything, Dexcool is NOT good for heater
cores.  The general consensus in the Impala SS community
(www.impalassforum.com) is that Dexcrap will kill your heater core,
clog your radiator and wreak havoc on your cooling system as a
whole.  I can personally attest that Dexcool killed the heater core
in my 95 Caprice.  I now need to flush it all from my 96 Impala SS.
Oddly enough it's a very bright pink color.  I do recommend RMI-25
and Redline Water Wetter.

If anyone insists on using Dexcool, DO NOT put in the tablets that
come with it from GM.  They alone can kill your system.  The Impala
SS and B-body variants (Chevy Caprice, Buick Roadmaster, Cadillac
Fleetwood) all use GM's LT1 motor.  Iron block and heads with
aluminum radiator, heater core and external tranny cooler.  I'm
going distilled with RMI-25 and Water Wetter myself.  I am also
runnign a 160 degree t-stat and PCM programmed with corresponding
lower fan temps.

click here