Re: [DMCForum] Re: Bill Clinton vs George Bush (The Younger)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Bill Clinton vs George Bush (The Younger)

Did not get the orig of this yet.. Like I said, Yahoo
is kinda sucky lately.

There is a similar "Anti-Bush" message I have floating
around somewhere.  Just because you read it on the net
does not make it true.. However, I will address them
(in order to try and answer your question to me).

See Below!

> The Presidency and the accomplishments of George W.
> Bush
>
> December 2000
> Al Gore challenges election results delaying the
> Bush administration
> preparation for office for more than 30 days.

Was just out driving, and saw a bumper sticker made to
look like a "Bush Cheney" thing, but on closer
inspection it said "Bush Cheated" (Quick google search
turns up http://www.cafeshops.com/bush_cheated.6321375
). Point is, it was in Gore's right to challange the
results.  In the end if we ignore the shenanigans,
Gore would have won Florida if they completed the
recount..  Had roles been reversed, you think Bush
would not have challenged?

> January 2001
> Clinton staffers vandalize and sabotage the White
> House leaving behind
> unusable computers, pornography on the computers and
> walls, and unusable
> telephone systems from the cutting of cables and
> wires.

Accomplishment?
What proof is there that this happened?

> Executive order by President Bush establishes the
> White House Office of
> Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.

Violation of the first amendment.  This mixes church
and state.  No government money should go to religion.

At least *SOME* would actually consider this an
accomplishment.  Most of the crap on this list is,
well... CRAP!

> Energy crises hits the western part of the United
> States- rolling black
> outs
> hit California and energy costs soar.

This is an accomplishment?!

> March 2001
> President Bush proclaims Education and Sharing Day,
> USA
> President Bush proclaims National Child Abuse
> Prevention Month.

Accomplishment?  He also proclaimed a "Jesus Day".  So
what?  who cares?

> President Bush signs resolution repealing ergonomics
> regulation that
> repeals
> burdensome and broad regulation dealing with
> ergonomics.

Ah, yes.. because who cares about the saftey
osafetyicanAmerican.  This is an accomplishment for
big business to allow unhealthy situations for
workers.

> April 2001
> A Chinese fighter jet downs a US spy plan causing an
> international
> incident.
> China held the crew for 11 days, until the Bush
> Administration
> negotiated
> their release without admitting responsibility.

Again, this is an accomplishment?  What was
negotiated?  You dont thdon'tthey learned the
technology of the aircraft in 11 days??  Maybe Bush
sent them the plans in trade for some oil?  :)

> President Bush proclaims National Former Prisoner of
> War Recognition
> Day.
> President Bush proclaims National Crime Victims'
> Rights Week.
> President Bush proclaims National Day of Prayer.

Again, ProclomatProclamationsal?  What did this
ACOMPLISHACCOMPLISHe Mississippi River experienced
severe flooding of
> historic
> significance -
> the river rose to its highest level since 1965
> affecting residents in 4
> states and causing billions in damages.

AcomplishAccomplishments just silly..

> May 2001
> President Bush signs Medal of Valor Bill.
> President Bush announces National Parks Legacy
> Project.
> President Bush Signs World War II Memorial Bill.

More pretty photo oportunitiopportunitiess
accomplished?

> President Bush sign Executive Order: Actions
> Concerning Regulations that
> Significantly Affect Energy Supply, Distribution, or
> Use.

Energy, a subject close to his heart.  What was the
"significant affect"?  Was this the one were he is
going to allow drilling for oil in Alaska?  Sure, why
not distroy ondestroye last frontiers on the planet
for the all mighty oil!

> June 2001
> President Bush signs tax cut bill reducing Federal
> Income Tax Rates and
> sends a refund to millions of Americans.

I think I got my $300 check that year.  woo-hoo!! and
now 3 years later, we can see how well it stimulated
the economy.  Accomplishment?  sure, take a look at
our record deficit!

> President Bush proclaims National Child's Day.
> President Bush proclaims Parents' Day.

Oy!  More ProclomatProclamationsdid he find the time?

> President Bush Signs wildfire bill into law.

Hmm.. May have to check this one out.

> July 2001
> President Bush meets with the Pope John Paul II

Wow, now there is an accomplishment!  I wonder if they
argued who God liked better?

But it was an accomplishment, I know it had a huge
impact on my life!

> president Bush speaks to troops in Kosovo

Yes, President Bush speaking is an accomplishment.
Did he make any sence thosense

> August 2001
> President Bush signs Export Controls Executive Order

May have to look in to this one too.

> President Bush speaks at Little League World Series
> President and Mrs. Bush unveil new White House Web
> Site

With all of the unemployed web designers, I bet he did
it at a cut rate price too.

> September 2001
> President Bush proclaims Family Day.
> President Bus proclaims National POW/MIA Recognition
> Day.

Yes, more accomplishments.  You have GOT to be
kidding.  The fact that all of these
proclomatproclamationsour list of "accomplishments"
proves my point!

> Terrorist attack of September 11, 2001 over 3000
> innocent Americans are
> killed.

Sad day, remember it well.  I wonder if Bush knows his
supporters are sending out a list of "accomplishments"
that includes this.

> Anthrax laced letters cause several deaths, closing
> post offices and
> delaying the delivery of mail across the US.
> President proclaims National Day of Prayer and
> Remembrance.

See above..

> President Bush salutes heroes in New York at the
> site of the World Trade
> Center disaster.
> President Bush addresses a Joint Session of Congress
> and the American
> People
> after the attack on September 11, 2001- The Bush
> Doctrine on Terror

Wow, how "presidential" of him.  His accomplishment?

> President Bush released $5.1 billion dollars to
> assist in the
> humanitarian,
> recovery, and security related to 9/11.

In retrospect, a big mistake..  What about the
families from Oklahoma city?  and Columbine? and any
other "terrorist" action we can come up with.  This
was an accomplishment in working to get support from
the American people, amazing how he lost it so quickly
after.

> President Bush authorizes additional disaster
> funding for New York

Why?  It is a Blue state? :)
How is this an accomplishment?

> President Bush signs Airline Transportation Bill to
> assure the safety
> and
> stability of the nation's commercial airlines.

Yea, the airline industy industrying now..  And we all
feel so secure, dont don't

> President Bush signs executive order freezing the
> assets of terrorist
> organizations.

What about the Sadies Saudisre funding the operations?
Again, this was a failed PR move.  It would have been
an accomplishment if he went after the money sources.

> October 2001
> President Bush initiates military action in
> Afghanistan dismantling the
> Taliban regime and liberating 25 million people.

liberating?  More like opening the country up for
natural gas pipeline, and christChristianonaries.
Where is Bin Laden?  Where are his financial backers?
All the Taliban did was not work to find him.  Heck,
if we cant find him how could they??

> President Bush Proclaims Child Health Day.
> President Bush Proclaims National Domestic Violence
> Awareness Month.

Proclaim..  He seems to be good at this!

> President Bush announces, "America's Fund for Afghan
> Children".

He must have worked a whole hour on this one.  Great
accomplishment!

> President Bush signs the Patriot Act.

We could start a whole thread on this one..  But, I
hardly see an invasion of privacy and the violation of
so many things that we value as Americans destroyed in
the name of security (false sense of), how dare anyone
call this an accomplishment.

> November 2001
> Airline crashes in Queens New York killing 255
> people on board.

Wow, Bush did that??  Good going.  Probably trying to
get a few of the NYC fire fighters who made it out of
the trade center alive.

> President Bush proclaims National Adoption Month.
> President Bush proclaims World Freedom Day.

Um, guess what?

> President Bush signs Presidential Records Act
> Executive Order.

I think this is #3 I have to check out.

> President Bush signs Military Construction
> Appropriations Bill to
> improve
> quality of housing for military personnel.

Hmm.. It has potential.

> President Bush signs National Emergency Construction
> Authority Executive
> Order

Giving him the power to construct??  Dont Don't what
this is, but I bet Halliburton got the contracts.

> President Bush Acts to make holiday travel safer.

Sure, who cares about business travelers.. as long as
the holiday travel is safe!

> President Bush authorizes transfers from Emergency
> Response Fund.

He signed his name?  good boy!!  here is a pretzel for
ya, dondon'toke on it!

> President Bush signs Interior Appropriations Bill.

<shrug>

> President Bush signs Internet Access Taxation

the inteInternettaxed now?  news to me...  even so, an
accomplishment?

> Moratorium so the growth
> of
> the Internet is not slowed by taxation.

Whew!!  Good thing, or else we may not have the
DMCForum.

> President Bush issues military order -Detention,
> Treatment, and Trial of
> Certain Non-Citizens in the War Against Terrorism

AcAccomplishment

> December 2001
> Dec. 2, 2001: Enron, files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
> protection. He is
> attacked by Democrats wanting to know his
> involvement and then attacked
> by
> Democrats for not getting involved.

Yes, a true accomplishment..  Bush was able to keep is
mouth shut on Enron and have his boys cover his ass on
this one.  An personal accomplishment for Bush, not
for the American people.

> President Bush proclaims Human Rights Day & Bill of
> Rights Week.

Bill of rights?  What does Bush know about the bill of
rights?

> President Bush signs Afghan Women and Children
> Relief Act.

"Just show me where to sign my name"

> One of the worst winter snowstorms in 100 years
> leave ice and snow from
> Texas to New York.

Was this a bigger accomplishment than the Mississippi
river floods?

> President Bush empowers communities in the fight
> against illegal drug

empowers?  Wow.. I did not know we could not fight
illegal drugs before bush!

Thats enough.. this is getting repetitive, and I doubt
anyone is still reading.