Re: [DMCForum] DML and DMCForum

Perhaps you need to reread the mission statement and disclaimer prominently displayed on the DMCForum website Mark. I'll save you the legwork and paste it in this post:

"Welcome to the DMC Forum. We allow the socializing and camaraderie that the DML moderates in order to keep the information flow âpureâ. The DMC Forum is meant to compliment the DML by allowing off-topic communications for making friends and planning un-official social events, while the DML is great for a pure information repository. The Forum has the advantage of a faster response time to technical questions with the trade-off being that you may have to wade through off-topic material to find a response to your question. Depending on your needs, the DML may serve you better as it has a larger population to answer technical questions, provided you wish to wait for the moderation process. This forum may be viewed through your web browser where you can ignore messages of no concern to you vs. spamming your inbox. The DMC Forum is an open discussion group for people to freely discuss subject matter pertaining to the De Lorean DMC-12 automobile. Instead of being limited to sending direct e-mails to your De Lorean friends, you are encouraged to hold open discussions on the DMC Forum. As such, this forum is also intended to function as a question and answer forum. If you have a question, or know the answer to one, you are encouraged to participate. This forum is unedited for content, so you are encouraged to generally keep discussions limited to issues pertaining to owning and maintaining a De Lorean. Prospective owners are encouraged to post and research the many aspects of De Lorean ownership here. This forum is not regional. It is meant to be a common hub for discussions the world over. As a participant in this forum, you are asked to respect other members' opinions and beliefs. The usual legal disclaimers apply: Use the information gleaned from this forum at your own risk. This forum is not policed; however, members are asked to respect Yahoo's terms of service. Also, please register at our official website at www.DMCForum.com."

Seems to me like this forum was created for socialization amongst owners, not for anything else really. The DML is all about everything DeLorean, and the DMCForum allows everyone to get to know one another better by not only allowing "off topic" discussions, but encouraging these. I don't think any of us can say that one topic is germane and another isn't. It's free reign dude. I happen to think Lauren brought up an interesting topic that hasn't really been discussed by us. The country is in the midst of an immense social change. Even if you're not an advocate for or against marriage rights, the policy changes to come will affect all of us. Seems like more than fair game for discussion here.

And Lauren: don't censor yourself! If you ruffle someone's feathers or piss them off so what! Chances are you really didn't upset anyone. We're all just a bunch of loud mouth opinionated folks. Jump right in and throw it right back at us! I don't think there's any issue that can't be talked about around here. We've talked about EVERYTHING. There's stuff I NEVER wanted to know about fellow owners that's been forever burned into my memory LOL! Anyways... I'll get off my soapbox now. -Louie

click here