Re: [DMCForum] tech session this Saturday at Walt's

Re: [DMCForum] tech session this Saturday at Walt's

Had a great time.  3 people showed up, so it was like a
mini-fridge run.  Andrei brought his TIG welder.  We had fun
trying to weld aluminum cans together and welded some
assorted stainless steel scrap together.  Welding is cool
(as well has hot, literally).

We installed a new drivers side spring on my rear
suspension.  Hey Andrei -- that extra set of washers goes
between the shock absorber and the hub carrier.  I'll be
sure to put those back on tomorrow before I do the other
side.

We did a non-adjustment on Demetri's door.  By
non-adjustment I mean that we found that his relatively new
strut had lost enough charge that it is weaker than the one
that came with my car 4+ years ago.  Why is it that an old
strut is still fine, but a relatively new one went soft?  It
wasn't installed upside down either.

This is a mindless summary sentence wrapping everything up I
said really nice.  But somehow I think it bombed.

Walt

click here