[DMCForum] Re: VIN 3092 goes to ...AUSTRIA?!

[DMCForum] Re: VIN 3092 goes to ...AUSTRIA?!

Yep. Nick, don't fret - the offers were bogus. If they were serious,
they would have placed a bid. End of story.

I tried to sell my Fiero on eBay. Got several emailed offers. Funny
how they all disappeared when it came time to fly out here and finish
the transaction.

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx>
wrote:
> Your "offers" may have been without intent.  Did the person who made
that
> offer bid on the auction?
>
> I know better than anyone how many people "make offers" but never get to
> the PAYING part.
>
> Jim
>
> On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 07:35:00 -0000 "nbrommer2k" <nickbrom@xxxx>
> writes:
> > Hello Group,
> >
> > Well, after offering my car on the list...I was forced to sell on
> > ebay. Of course, AFTER I start the auction, I got offers for $1000
> > more than the final bid price. But, being the ethical person I am, I
> >
> > followed through with the ebay transaction. Where the hell were you
> > people with the offers for the last 2 months?!?!
> >
> > Anyway, I digress:
> >
> > Gerhard came from Austria this evening and picked up the car and
> > drove it away to Seattle, where it will ship to Bremerhaven,
> > Germany. From there he will drive it to Austria, probably will only
> > be one of a handful in the entire country!
> >
> > God Speed, Gerhard! Enjoy living the dream!
> >
> > Nick

click here