[DMCForum] Adjustable door struts

John,

I have never seen any of those instructions at all.
I bought them directly from Adrian and installed them.

I always say to everybody who buys them - watch out, they
may be too long and you may have to shorten the connections
which is a 3 minute job.

And they are too strong when you get them.

To set them I had to "hammer" the pressure out about 30 times or so.
This is when I pump them up to 180Bar while about 170Bar or so are
correct. It takes some fine adjustment and the correct temperature
outside.

I also always say, that I have a manual pump that can compress up
to 250 Bar !

Why didn't you ask me before ?
The struts are not meant to compensate for a weak torsion bar. Instead you
set both parts so that they both work nicely and are not too strong or too
weak.

If you see it as a waste of money then I guess you just misunderstood
something or are not able to think about the things you do.
If the struts are too strong - why did you close the door then ?
I guess it must have been so hard to close the door that you almost
could sit on it ? Do you really think this is something I would recommend ?

Instead you like to mess around with the expensive and rare torsion bars ?
Overtorque them and put all the stress ond the fibre glass roof ? Force
the sheet metal part of the roof to bend and the glue to break loose ?
Wow !

I'm sorry, this is not a problem of those struts. It may be a problem
of an incorrect instruction and maybe of people who do not understand
what they are doing.
I installed more than one set of those struts and also recharged them
more than once. And if you would see how simple it is to pump them up
you would never even think again of touching the torsion bars !

Of course you need to have a pump like mine (actually it is from a friend)
or a similar solution. But once set correctly it should last several years.
And they can be set to fit exactly your doors and setup of the bars.

Try it again by releasing more pressure out of them. But watch out ! If
you take out too much they need to be recharged ! The setting between
too soft and too strong isn't far away from each other. about 3-5 hits
with a small hammer are the difference !

AND DON'T FORGET - THEY MAY BE TOO LONG  ! (5mm or so)

Elvis...with perfect wasted money to open my doors

Message: 1