[DMCForum] Re: DPNW Lock Actuators. Best. Upgrade. Ever.

[DMCForum] Re: DPNW Lock Actuators. Best. Upgrade. Ever.

Let me know if you have any questions about the installation. You
won't, because the instructions are so darn good, but if you do for
some reason I'll be happy to answer them.

It's a quick install. Taking the door panels off and putting them back
on is like 90% of the install time.

Did you happen to buy their door launchers as well? If you ever think
you'd like such a system, I can highly recommend it. Install took a
little longer, but was still very straightforward. Surprises the heck
out of people when my doors just fly open as I'm approaching the car.
The actuators are very similar those included the door lock kit -
small and light.

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> I bought the kit at the show. I'm excited about installing it.
> I'm glad to hear some feed back so I know what I'm getting into.
>
> Rich A.
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ryanpwright" <yahoo1@xxxx> wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I just finished installing new door lock actuators from DeLorean
> Parts
> > Northwest. This is absolutely one of the best upgrades you can do to
> > your DeLorean. The kit replaces both of your heavy door lock
> solenoids
> > with new, lightweight actuators. Benefits:
> >
> > 1. They use a fraction of the power of the originals, thus reducing
> > strain on your electrical system.
> >
> > 2. They use outboard relays, thus your stock door lock module should
> > last forever - and no need to upgrade to a more expensive
> replacement
> > unit.
> >
> > 3. They weigh a fraction of the originals. In fact, they weigh so
> > little that you'll have to reduce your torsion bar strength. This
> > reduces the strain on your torsion bars, doors, and entire door/roof
> > system.
> >
> > All for about $100. Yeah, $100. For both doors. Includes everything
> > you need. Compared to the $400-$500 a Zilla + new solenoids would
> have
> > cost me, this is a steal.
> >
> > Install time was about an hour and very, very easy. Toby's kits come
> > with instructions so detailed a child could do it. Most of the
> install
> > time was spent disassembling & reassembling the doors. The actuators
> > themselves only take a couple of minutes to put in.
> >
> > http://www.delorean-parts.com - I don't see the system on their site
> > but if you email them, they'll hook you up.
> >
> > -Ryan

click here