[DMCForum] Re: dead car law

Lauren, LOL!! That mural would have been a sight to behold! I wonder,
though: How did they know you had the cars, if they were behind a
block wall? I wonder if you couldn't press trespassing charges against
the city. We considered that when their "dog enforcement agent" (just
a bum hired off the street, getting paid minimum wage) was going
around the neighborhood looking in windows to find "unlicensed dogs."

On the handrails - easy answer to that. Get the cheapest, ugliest ones
you can. Make them out of 2x4s if you have to. Bolt 'em to the wall
and get the inspection before you paint. Then take 'em back off, patch
the holes, and paint. It's not like they can just barge into your
house and demand to see if the handrails are still there at some later
date.

I think it would be hilarious showing the inspector your "handrails".
Insist that you like them. "The raw 2x4 look? Beautiful, isn't it? I
think it really compliments the crystal chandelier, don't you?" He
will know you're going to tear them back down after he leaves but he
won't be able to do a thing about it. ;) Better yet, get the weather
treated lumber. Tell him you're concerned about a water fight breaking
out in the vicinity of the handrails, and "you can never be too
careful about protecting such expensive furnishings."

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lauren" <LPLand@xxxx> wrote:

> > This is illegal: City laws require the posts be no further than 3"
> > from one another because "a child might fall off and die."
>
> I feel your frustration.  Feel mine --- the city of Tucson won't let me
> have two steps down into a sunken bedroom without installing
> handrails.  Why doesn't city code  just mandate that all people use
> walkers?  BTW, I've already been busted for too many non-running
> cars - and they were behind a block wall!  They were my husband's
> dead SAABS and frankly I wasn't sad to see them leave.  But just to
> make a point I wanted to paint of mural of a junkyard on the street
> side of that block wall.

> 10440, which I visited again today

click here