[DMCForum] Re: dead car law

Yep, the neighbors are all that matter. Most laws like this are
nothing more than city ordinances and go unenforced unless someone
complains. So if your neighbors are the tattle-tale types, you could
have a problem.

I had a wrecked Fiero on the side of my house. Covered with a
car-cover, behind my RV, and a good 75 feet from the road. You could
barely see the driver's side front of the car if you really looked
past the RV, and even then, it was covered with a nice grey cover.

Some jerk complained. I got a nasty letter from the city about a
"junked vehicle visible to the public." Got a second one about the RV
being "illegally parked" since it wasn't on a paved surface. Hey, if
the city wants to foot the bill for 35 feet of concrete, they can.
Otherwise shut up and leave me alone, it's my property.

Anyway, I put a big wooden gate across the front and told the city if
they were going to legislate what I do with my non-visible back yard
that I'd see them in court. They dropped the issue.

-Ryan

click here