[DMCForum] Re: Condo Nazis Strike Back

Rich,

This just *pisses* *me* *off*. People should not be told what they can
and can't do with the property they own (within reason). Not sure if
you own or rent; in my case, I own my home and the land under it, but
the city still thinks they can come in and tell me what to do with it.
I've got all sorts of stories I could tell. Around here, if you don't
comply they will sieze your home and sell it at auction. YES, they
threatened me with that! All because my motorhome was "illegally
parked" on a "non-approved surface" - that would be the bare earth on
the property I own right alongside the house I own. Apparently it's
only legal to park on "asphalt, concrete, or gravel." Gee, sounds like
grounds to put a family of four out on the street to me.

I wish you the best in your fight. Give 'em hell.

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> Well, it's "Round 2" with the Property Management Asshats.
>
> After having Mike Cohee, Bill Robertson and I over, I received
> another "Cease & Desist" notice informing me that I have 30 days to
> stop performing "Extra-ordinary maintenance" on my vehicles or face
> monetary penalties.
>
> I find that wording to be more than a little vague. I don't call an
> oil change extraordinary, I call it regular. I also don't call
> cleaning any kind of maintenance at all. I also believe that compared
> to my neighbor's Hyundai's, Saturns and trucks, my car increases my
> property value.
>
> That's fine; I've got ammo now. I have nearly one dozen digital
> photos of all my neighbors performing "extra-ordinary maintenance".
> Hoods up, jack-stands, you name it. I'll demand that the association
> stop harrassing me for performing "ordinary" maintenance, or that
> they pursue my neighbors for fines as well. If they refuse, they can
> discuss it with my lawyer.
>
> ETD for Pigeon Forge: 10 hours: 57 minutes.
>
> Rich A.

click here