[DMCForum] I don't appear to have a mixture adjustment screw

[DMCForum] I don't appear to have a mixture adjustment screw

Here's a pic of the hole: http://www.ryanwright.com/temp/mixture.jpg

So I decide to adjust this, since my engine is running a little rich.
I stick my 3mm allen wrench down in there and it just keeps going. So
I pull it back out and I hear this "thumpthumpthump". It appears I am
pushing down a spring loaded flap of some sort when I stick this allen
wrench in.

My best guess, pulled straight out of thin air, is that the mixture
screw is supposed to push down on this flap, preventing it from going
up too far. Since I appear to have no screw, my flap just comes all
the way up, thus the engine is very rich.

Any thoughts?

click here