Re: [DMCForum] Re: Three brass screws (Please help, I broke my car)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Three brass screws (Please help, I broke my car)

> In the meantime I'm trying to seal vaccumn leaks, so
> here are some
> pictures of things I'm unsure of:
>
> 1. http://www.ryanwright.com/temp/mixture.jpg : Is
> this my mixture
> adjustment hole? I read that this is supposed to
> have a plug over it.
> Is this right? Do any of our vendors have this plug?

Yes Ryan, John has it at Specialtauto; ask him for a
"air meter adjustment stopper".  You can also get it
from Houston - part #102392 I believe - $2.29.

> 2. http://www.ryanwright.com/temp/vaccumn.jpg : Just
> in front of (and
> somewhat below) my idle motor is a component of some
> sort. It's got
> two fuel lines going into it, and a vaccumn line.
> This vaccumn line
> runs for a few inches, and then there is a round
> plastic box (check
> valve?). The vaccumn line comes out the other side
> of the box and just
> ends, like it's been cut off. Is this supposed to go
> somewhere? If so,
> where?

There is just a slight adjustment you need to do here.
The back of this round device (called the delay
valve) is fine (hooked up to the front of the CPR as
the picture shows).  The front of the delay valve has
the small hose as it should.  That hose needs a
"plastic t" attached to it so that the "horizontal"
line of the "t" is ready for two more hoses.  From
there, a hose needs to go from the left portion of the
"t" to the front of the CPR.  The right side of the
"t" needs a hose that goes directly to the "thermal
control valve" aka the "vacuum control switch" which
is under the intake manifold.  My guess is you have
this hose; it is probably just loose in your engine
compartment.  This hose is very thin and very small in
comparison to the diameter of a fuel line.  On the
vacuum control switch, this final hose goes to the
plug to the far right (warm up regulator hole).  When
I say "far right", I mean the plug farthest away from
the "screw" portion of the vacuum control switch.  If
you're fortunate, you still have the "Vacuum Hose
Routing" diagram on the bottom side of the engine
cover of your car.  It shows everyting I've described
in addition to the entire diagram.  If you don't have
it, tell me and I'll have it scanned and I'll send it
to you.

http://retroserver.no-ip.com/delorean/fuelsysremove/dsc03081.jpg
> :
> This is a capacitor of some sort. It's right next to
> the idle switch.
> My car doesn't have one of these. Should it?

I looked quickly, and I don't have such a device.
Maybe I should, but I don't - so unless one of the
"veterans" say otherwise, I wouldn't worry too muc
about it.

Hope I've helped in some way.  See you at PF!