[DMCForum] Re: Three brass screws (Please help, I broke my car)

[DMCForum] Re: Three brass screws (Please help, I broke my car)

Bill,

Thank you for your reply!

>> Sounds as if your idle speed motor, or ECU, is DOA. They do that.

Turns out the big brass pipe that enters the air venturi came off when
I was putting things back together. I fixed this. Car is doing much
better, but still isn't idling right (see my other response).

>> Why don't you close the brass screw closest to the air sensor plate

Already done. At least, I think it's closed. It was rather difficult
to move compared to the others, and I didn't want to break it off, so
I tightened it as much as I could. It *looks* closed.

>> and get your engine to run by cracking the throttle plates.

If it comes to it, I will do this. Thank you for the advice. In the
meantime I'm going to keep at it and see if I can't fix it the way it
was supposed to be from the factory. But if all else fails I'll at
least have this to fall back on.

Thank you!

-Ryan

click here