[DMCForum] Re: God Squad

> off without even thinking of the words you are saying. I think the
> only way to communicate with the big guy is to have a normal
> conversation like you would with anyone else (but maybe not out
> loud). Surely if he is looking down at all these people half asleep
> in mass, rattling off the same old stuff, he would see them as being
> a bit hypocritical?

John,

I absolutely agree with you. I was raised Catholic and I think there
is too much emphasis and focus on tasks like this. When my Grandfather
died, we all sat in church and said the rosery several times... just
repeating the same old prayers, carefully counting each bead.

I don't mean to knock Catholics. My entire extended family on my
mother's side is Catholic and I love them all. It just didn't fit in
with my view of who God really is. I talk to God just like anyone
else, as you said. He often answers my prayers, so I can't help but
think I'm on the right track. That doesn't mean anyone else is on the
wrong track, necessarily. Different things work for different people.
Saying the rosery must speak to a lot of people's hearts, because
millions do it. I'm cool with that.

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Dore" <dmcjohn@xxxx> wrote:
> See below,
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > I say, if there is a
> > "Supreme Being" that created the universe I highly
> > doubt the being did so for the purpose of us to
> > worship it.
>
> Marc I completely agree, which is one of the reasons I don't go to
> mass. I think its a bit of a waste of his and my time. When I do go,
> I space out and think about DeLoreans or Sam Adams.
>
> What is the point of saying the same stuff over and over, it
> completely loses its meaning. What is the point in saying the
> standard prayers, such as the "Our Father" etc. You can rattle that
> off without even thinking of the words you are saying. I think the
> only way to communicate with the big guy is to have a normal
> conversation like you would with anyone else (but maybe not out
> loud). Surely if he is looking down at all these people half asleep
> in mass, rattling off the same old stuff, he would see them as being
> a bit hypocritical?
>
> John

click here