[DMCForum] The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

[DMCForum] The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

Hi All,

Things are moving slowly but very steadily at the Last Chance Garage.

We recovered the headliners, which is a nightmare process I never want to
have to redo.  While the Heads-Up brand headliner is a very good match for
the original, every single box we looked at had a different chade of gray.
That means we have to get every piece perfect on the first try.  For those
of you attempting this in the future, I'd start by applying the adhesive to
one small section at a time, and working from there.  We still have the
buckets in the doors to do, but after as much practice as we've had re-doing
the same pieces 3 and 4 times, we hope to get it right on the first shot.

On Tuesday the 8th, the Vixen became an officially inspected and completely
street-worthy vehicle according to the laws of the Commonwealth of
Pennsylvania, and we've been hitting the road as much as we can since then.
So far, we've racked up 120 miles, and we'd like to hit 500 before we leave.

All that is left to do is install the third brake light, recover the
headliner buckets, adjust the torsion bars, install the trailing arm
shields, and some miscellaneous small items.  Looks like we may actually
finish in time this time after all!

See you in Pigeon Forge!

-Dave Stragand
VIN #05927