Re: [DMCForum] Re: God Squad

ryanpwright wrote:
> A barbaric act committed by people who were not following God. You'll
> find no support for these actions in the Bible.
>
> -Ryan

Ryan,

Not to mock your beliefs, but have you read your Bible all the way through?

I have read a few Bibles. I have three of them at home. They're all
replete with barbaric violence, pornography, and divisive language.

I Chronicles chapters 17-19 (17-18-19) tells us that David killed 22,000
Syrians and that Abishai killed 18,000 Edomites. Further: "And he
brought out the people that were in it, and cut them with saws, and with
harrows of iron, and with axes..." (I Chronicles 20:3)

More examples:

"And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was
kindled against Israel. And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the
heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun,
that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.'"
(Numbers 25:3-4)

"But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of
such a one as goeth on still in his trespasses. The Lord said, I will
bring again from Bashan, I will bring my people again from the depths of
the sea: That thy foot may be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and
the tongue of thy dogs in the same." (Psalms 68:21-23)

"And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death;
because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God..."
(Deuteronomy 13: 5)

"And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men,
and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to
remain." (Deuteronomy 2:34)

"And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the
city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay
utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and woman: but
come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary.
Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house."
(Ezekiel 9:5-6)

"And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and
woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the
sword." (Joshua 6:21)

"The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance. He shall wash
his feet in the blood of the wicked." (Psalms 58:10)

Quotations from Jesus:

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26)

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but
rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house
divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be
divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother
against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in
law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her
mother in law." (Luke 22:51-53)

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
peace but a sword." (Matthew 10:34)

"And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not
troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not
yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom."
(Matthew 24:6-7)

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them,
bring hither, and slay them before me." (Luke 19:27)

"And I will kill her children with death..." (Revelation 2:23)

Enough. Suffice it to say that you can use the Bible to justify anything
you like, including murder, incest, scatological behaviour, slavery,
looting, and a lot of other immoral behaviour. We simply trust that
people won't do the sort of things they used to do 2,000 years ago
because we're more civilized now.

By the way, did you know that farting is holy music?

"Wherefore my bowels shall sound like a harp for Moab, and mine inward
parts for Kirharesh." (Isaiah 16:11)

I'm off to eat a bowl of broccoli! :D

--Farrar

click here