[DMCForum] Re: Religion Thread

Bill,

>> (the guy with the cross dangling from his ear)

http://www.ryanwright.com/delorean/int5.jpg

;)

If you want to really get people talking, try one of these:
http://www.ryanwright.com/delorean/ext10.jpg

Christians discuss it with me and ask me about my church.
Non-Christians look at it and shuffle their feet uncomfortably. They
want to stick around and ask questions about the DeLorean but aren't
sure about this guy with the fish on his car. I keep 'em around as
long as possible. Let them sit in the car, or ask if they want to see
the engine. Hoping that a few positive minutes with me, sharing my car
with them, will get them thinking these "Jesus people" are pretty nice
folks.

But I never bring up religion unless they ask. It's like you said:

>> Simply model your own behavior after Jesus'.

I simply hope that the kindness I show in sharing my car with them is
remembered as coming from "one of those Jesus people." I won't make
any friends asking people if they're saved, so I put on my best
behavior and treat these strangers like family.

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx> wrote:
> [Slightly Topical -- I taught Louie Golden's college roommate Sunday
> School and was one of his Youth Group leaders]
>
> While I've been struggling at the Diesel Shop you all have been
> talking theology. No fair -- I groove on theology. Can't figure out
> where this thread began, and haven't had time to follow all it's
> permutations, but here's my 2 cents worth:
>
> Prayer is important. It's our direct line of communication with the
> Big Guy (woefully underused -- what a wasted resource). But
> Christianity is *SO* much more than just prayer:
>
> Simply model your own behavior after Jesus'. In his short two plus
> year ministry, Jesus was nothing if not hands on and busier than a
> bee. He burried himself up to his elbows in messy, disquieting,
> wearisome problems as he found them. He did not solve every problem
> (don't you think he knew full well that at the same time he was
> helping people in Tiberias or Capernaum, others were suffering in
> Bethany or Ephraim). But he did do everything in his power to help
> every single person as he encountered them (eventually even the
> Canaanite woman of Matthew 15:21-/Mark 7:24-). If every person on
> Earth right now were to do the same, just imagine how quickly we could
> transform it into what we supposedly desire every time we pray the
> Lord's Prayer ("...may your kingdom come on Earth as it is in
Heaven...").

> Remember: Jesus *STARTED* something (transformation of the world). He
> didn't finish it. That's our responsibility and privilege.
>
> The big deal about salvation is it takes the pressure off so I can
> concentrate completely on the tasks God has for me here and now. Don't
> need to worry one bit about life after Earth -- that's signed, sealed,
> and delivered. Rather than wringing my hands worrying about it, I can
> use my hands to do exactly what Jesus would do if he were here in my
> place.
>
> Have a radical perspective on the Apocalypse if anyone's interested...
>
> Bill Robertson (the guy with the cross dangling from his ear)

click here