[DMCForum] Re: God Squad

> The most consistant thing that sticks in my mind about
> all of the above is that Christians feel the need to
> "Save".  I lost count of how many times I was told
> after a religious discussion with a Christian that
> they would pray for my soul.

I am sorry they treated you with such disrespect. "I'll pray for your
soul" is often used as a last resort pot-shot. It says, "I'm better
than you. I'll seek divine intervention to help you with your
shortcomings." It's disrespectful and, when used in this context, only
serves to turn people away from Christ who might otherwise have an
interest at a later date. Instead they leave thinking that Christians
are egotistical bastards. No wonder people hate us.

Jesus said to spread the word of His resurrection and make disciples
of the nations (Mark 16:15-16 & Matthew 28:19-20). He did not say to
harass and annoy others, force your faith upon them, or threaten them
with eternal damnation in hell. Those who reject what they have
already been told are no longer my concern.

> You don't care about my soul.. that strikes me as
> anti-christian.

I care about saving those who want to be saved or who have never heard
of Jesus. My comments were directed at Joe, who has already made up
his mind on this issue. It is no longer my business to pray for his
soul and I won't disrespect his wishes by doing so. I don't find that
to be in any way un-Christian.

-Ryan