[DMCForum] Re: I re-wrecked a car! Damn!

[DMCForum] Re: I re-wrecked a car! Damn!

LOL!! Poor Walt. That's absolutely hilarious. I don't know what's
worse, that you actually did this, or that you're admitting to it on
this list. ;)

This ranks right up there with supergluing my rear-view mirror to my
windshield.

One of the dumbest things I've ever done - a few years ago I bought a
Fiero. Beautiful '86 SE with a 3800SC swap. (in fact, I'm selling it
now and happen to have pics @
http://www.ryanwright.com/fiero/86se3800sc/forsale/). Anyway, so I'm
installing the alarm system. I decided I want a clean install with the
ability to easily upgrade the system, so I make a very thick wiring
harness, interface it with the car's various systems, and run it up
into the front compartment next to the spare tire. I put two 12-wire
quick-disconnect plugs on and velcro the system in there.

Well, I wasn't paying attention when I did the install, because I
activated the door locks and they didn't do anything. As I sat there
scratching my head, I noticed white smoke pouring out from underneath
the dash. Shit. So I yank the quick-disconnects apart, yell for my
wife to grab a fire extinguisher, and throw the car in neutral so I
can push it out of my garage and let it roll down the driveway if I
can't get the fire out.

Thankfully I caught it in time: No fire, didn't need the extinguisher.
But my wiring harness that took me 4 hours to make was completely
shot. Had to redo the whole install.

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> I think this is the only situation where I could crash a DeLorean
and laugh my ass off (while sober, no less.)  The poor thing was
already totaled, and I crashed the exact same spot that was already
wrecked.

> I was just taking it for a spin around the yard after removing the
evaporator from it.  But being a creature of habit, I forgot that it
had no brakes.  I'm that stupid, really. ;-)

> At the last second I had to decide between smashing the house or the
trailer.  A lot of shit flashed through my mind:  No brakes.  No hand
brakes.  Probably can't slam it into reverse this fast.  Gotta mix the
stucco.  Gotta make it match the rest of the house.  Gotta let it cure
before I can paint.  The color has to match.  The trailer is rotting
apart.  The frame is rusted.  Ants are living in it.  It isn't road
worth.  Oh fuck it Walt -- hit the trailer.

> http://www.dmcforum.org/images/offtopic/I_am_a_moron_1.jpg
> http://www.dmcforum.org/images/offtopic/I_am_a_moron_2.jpg
> http://www.dmcforum.org/images/offtopic/I_am_a_moron_3.jpg
>
> On a brighter note, I know I've seen this look before, but I can't
quite put my finger on it.  Does it look familiar to any of you?

> http://www.dmcforum.org/images/offtopic/IveseendisB4.jpg
>
> Walt
>
> Any information included after this point is spam and is neither
endorsed nor recommended by the author of this message.

click here