From: Walter Coe [mailto:Whalt@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 4:03 PM
To: DMCForum
Subject: [DMCForum] evaporator is back out

Getting my car ready for Pigeon Forge, I looked at ways to
patch the hole in my evaporator without removing it from the
car.  Yeah, fat chance.  It took me about 3 hours to remove
it.  While it's out, I'm going to replace all the
refrigerant lines since I'll also be replace them on Mike
C's and Rich A's cars also.

Next job is to grab the evaporator out of a parts car.

The factory insulation on the box was not enough to keep
condensate from dripping in the passenger foot well.  So I
recovered it with foam/lead foil sound insulation thinking
that would be perfect.  Well, it wasn't.  It still collects
condensate.  This job was done about 2 years ago.  So I'm
going to do something different.  I'm planning on using that
Great Stuff spray foam insulation all over it and see how
that works.

What a job!  Wish me luck.
Walt