From: James Wallen [mailto:james.a.wallen@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 3:21 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] sorry, no pics of the "unkown vin" car.

You'll never guess what happens, I'm making great time on my drive
there this morning, and the cell phone rings.  I fumble to pick it
up and when I finally get it I see FHP on the other side of I-10
hitting his brakes.  Cut me a break, 79 in a 70, not 86/70.  Well,
that call was from the "owner."  I sat on the side of I-10 after
nice Mr. FHP hands me my souvenir and called her back.  She doesn't
own the car, it belongs to he boyfriend.  That's not all!  The title
isn't even in his name!  It's apparently in some other guy's name
that's been "dead for a while!"  It's got an Oklahoma title, but has
been sitting in TX for who knows how long.  She suggests that she'll
just sign the title over to me when she gets it and mail it to me.
WTF?  You GOTTA be freakin kidding me!  Walt, do I come off as some
sort of idiot?  You're the only one here to meet me I think.

Needless to say, her name is Blossom (not from this country by the
Korean? accent) and she'll take $5,000 for it.  Thought someone else
might want to take a bite at this.  Oh, she won't have the title for
2-3 weeks though!  Hah!  We'll see.  The link for the car is here:
http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/9/0/72519490.htm

This weekend is shot.  I couldn't changed directions and made up
some of the lost time, but I'm 250+ miles from home with nothing but
a speeding ticket and a fresh receipt for $45 in gas.  I'll try
again next weekend.

-James