Re: [DMCForum] Unknown vin, I'm looking at this as a project car...

Re: [DMCForum] Unknown vin, I'm looking at this as a project car...

> Am I shooting myself in the foot?

Yes.  And I'm not basing this on the photos of the car.  I'm
basing it on your private comment about heading out soon and
wondering which of 3 directions to travel -- presumably
which of 3 DeLoreans to buy.

The unknown VIN one looks very rough, but the body looks
straight -- in the photos.  I personally do not like turbos
because I think it is a bad idea to force feed a DeLorean
PRV without making expensive modifications (pistons, etc.)
But if it's a good deal and you like it then go for it.
When the motor grenades, carefully unbolt all the turbo crap
documenting where it went.  Then sell it as a kit on eBay
for a big price, and let the next guy use it to destroy his
engine.

If you're still interested in horsepower after that then
find a better engine for it.

Walt

click here