[DMCForum] nomenclature updates ... was: cool photos

[DMCForum] nomenclature updates ... was: cool photos

> *coughbullshitcough* yea, but here is a tip Walt.  You may
want to actually
put flowers in that 'vase' and no, don't light them.

Hey, have you been in any head shops lately?  Go in and ask
for a *coughbongcough* and they will throw you out -- even
if you are wearing shoes.  Evidently the old name implies
some kind of illegal drug use, so they now call them
vases -- or water pipes for the really dense people who
can't figure out the difference.  Many places even have
signs clearly posted requesting customers to use proper
terminology.  But the word *bong* won't be written anywhere
on the notice.  It's fun to play dumb and get them to
whisper this new obscenity.  They think some police agency
is going to come down on them if someone suggests that they
might want to smoke something other than tobacco in one of
these 'vases'.  Oh, and we aren't supposed to call them head
shops anymore either.  I think they are now 'adult novelty'
shops.  There has been a whole host of similar name changes
over the years.  Bumpers are now 'impact attenuators' or
'fascias'.  Foremen are now 'managers'.  Janitors are now
'sanitary engineers'.  Living in sin is now an 'alternative
lifestyle'.  Black people are now 'African Americans'.
{drum roll}
And on the DML, Censorship is now called 'moderation'.
{ba-boom, tisszh}

Walt

click here