[DMCForum] Canadian spec surprises

Tonight I was taking a peek under this Canadian spec car to see what I will need to bring to remove the a/c lines.  I need these lines as a spare set to refurbish to put on Rich A's car.  Now that I can take a photo and have it online in minutes... here it is:
http://www.dmcforum.org/images/offtopic/canadian_ac.jpg
The garage was dark & cramped and there was no way I could see what I was taking a picture of.  So it's upside down & not in focus.  But hey, cool -- a photo, and it's online.

I previously assumed that Canadian cars being 17xxx VINs would have a/c lines like mid & late VINs.  Well.... surprise, surprise.  The high side line is like a very early VIN.  I totally did not expect that.  At least it does have an adaptor block for a pop-off valve and high-pressure cut-out switch.  This is the first time I've seen such a block on a car.  DMCH sells the block for around $80.

So now a change in plans for Rich: He gets the lines from VIN 05030 -- the organ donor.  This VIN is close enough to Rich's that it should be a good match.

Dr. DeLovorkian (Walt)  {evil laugh}

click here