RE: [DMCForum] Planar?

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Farrar Russell Carroll Hudkins wrote:

> I have heard electrostatic headphones, but not electrostatic speakers --
> I don't know anyone rich enough to have a set yet.

Believe it or not, quasi-ribbon speakers are not really that expensive.
They're out of the range the casual listener probably wants to spend, but
they're well within what most serious listeners are willing to spend.  A
pair of Magnepan MG1.6s list for $1800.  No, that's not cheap, but given
what they do, I have not regretted my investment at all.

> Granted, I'm pretty happy with mine, and I still listen to LPs. LOL

Okay, you were right.  You are ancient.  I think the only LP I own is a
Mickey Mouse picture disc.  And I have nothing to play it on.  Not that
the mood strikes me that often anyway.

-andrew

click here