Re: [DMCForum] Re: Where did I see this stickers?!

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Where did I see this stickers?!

All that's all before you actually get down to some of the explanations
for "why you need this product".

Don't get me started on the Fanzilla. It's a neat idea, but poorly
executed*, and advertised with some pretty outlandish claims,
specifically the "intelligent control" claim. If they do use
"intelligence", then they're doing it the hard way. The one I had the
opportunity to test sure acted like it was driven with a CR timer
(although I know there's a 555 timer in there)

* It's NOT badly made, or designed, I just think that it has so much
potential that has been missed, which is why we're working on our own
equivalent. My comments here are based on my own experience of my fans
failing, in such a way that the fanZilla would not have picked up on the
problem. In my opinion, it's far more likely for a fan to stop working
because of going open circuit, which mine did, than of shorting, which
will blow a fuse and light the light up.

Actually, now would be a good time to test the waters with our fan
controller:

- It's a simple plug-in module the size of two relays, designed to
directly mount on the two relay bases used.

- When the compressor engages, the fans sequence with appropriate time
delays (this is the neat bit about the fanzilla)

- When the fans are supposed to come on, the fan fail light lights until
they're both running. If the light stays on, there's a problem. This is
a deliberate feature because of the number of people, myself included,
who like to know that their fans are on, through the light.

- If the fans are runing when the ignition is switched off, they die
instantly, unlike the fanzilla. Under normal driving, the fans will
switch off the instant the compressor disengages.

- to keep wear even across the fans, the order of sequencing is
alternated, so fan two comes on first on the second cycle of the
compressor, and so on.

- the fan fail light will stay on continuously if there's a failure in
one or both fans. This can be short or open circuit. It also works if
there's a problem with the fan controller itself!

- Everything is solid state and sealed, there are no relays or fuses to
worry about.

Martin

Travis Goodwin wrote:
> That is the most obnoxious website. The sound makes me want to slit my
> wrists.

click here