RE: [DMCForum] Re: De Lorean for sale...

Dan wrote:

> Oh yes, the fact that I might have a spare Lotus V8 Twin Turbo Engine
that
> I think will   easily fit into the back of it :-)

Except that the Lotus is mid-engined, and the DeLorean is rear-engined. If
you put it in with the Lotus transmission, you'll have 5 speeds in
reverse...  You'll either need to modify the trans, or make an adapter to
mount the Lotus engine to the D trans, which would shred under the Lotus's
power.

I'd love to see you be able to pull off this swap though.  I've thought
about it several times.

-Dave

click here