From: cruznmd [mailto:racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 7:38 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] An evening out.

In my short 1 1/2 years of ownership I've pestered everyone on both
lists every time I had a problem I didn't understand. I've made a -
lot- of posts.

Well, I've been working very hard lately and I went out last night
for some "me" time. The car ran very well overall. I was happy. While
I was enjoying my drinks, there was a huge storm that blew through. I
was enjoying the rain and thunder thinking I'd wait it out.

After the rain stopped, I left thinking it was over. The car ran well
for a bit, but then seemed to have the same power fall-off that was
plaguing me before, with one difference- The tach was rock steady.
The rain came down again, harder than before. After a while the rain
let up...about 10/15 minutes from home, the problem went away.

I think my plug wire boots may not be seated well and the plugs were
wet and grounding out the ignition. Once the rain quit and the water
boiled off, it stopped.

What say you?

Rich A.

click here