From: content22207 [mailto:brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 10:40 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Clutch Fork Clip

Yep. Found a profile line drawing when I RTFM. Don't have the Workshop
manual with me, but it's in the Flywheel/Clutch section.

Believe it or not works just fine on the wrong side, until one ear
breaks off... Then the remaining ear causes the fork to move unevenly.
You get drumming vibrations and sound as pressure plate fingers brush
the clutch disc on that side. Also causes disc to chatter as you release.

Louie Golden ran into same thing not long after #10115's clutch
replacement. Shop told him the fork was bent. Am willing to bet his
clip was simply on the wrong side too. Would make 3 of us -- wonder
how many others there are?

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> So, it goes go Behind the pivot ball?  Placing the
> pivot ball between the recess in the fork, and the
> metal clip?

click here