[DMCForum] Re: Clutch Fork (Jim S)

Thanks for the consideration, but mine will be fine. I now know what
the problem was and how to fix it.

Transmission is bit of a moot point without an engine to attach it to.
This carbureted block has been killing me with curiosity since I
bought it. I've got to get it in a car just to try it out if nothing
else. Paid good money for the thing...

Am going to put all my energy into that before Pigeon Forge rather
than finding and fixing the oil leak in my Z7V. Only real stumbling
block I see is engineering an adapter to mount my carb (manifold is
set up for bizarre 45 degree adapter, held to it by no fewer than 6
bolts in a circular pattern). Carter YF has only 2. Venturi will be
different size too I'm sure.

Some minor parts swapping between the blocks:
- Oil pan (and sump?)
- Flywheel
- Exhaust manifolds
- Oil pressure sender
- A/C compressor
- Possibly ignition distributor

Air filter on the carb may be too tall for the engine cover. If it is,
I'll simply cut a hole a'la Darryl Tinnerstet. My current cover is
cracked in 2 places anyway (stress fractures -- PO was using it to
hold the louvers up in lieu of new struts). Best to modify it since
it's already damaged, then if I do decide to go back to the Z7V I'll
get a replacement stock cover in better condition.

Of course look who I'm talking to about modifying stock DeLorean...

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx>
wrote:
> i have a spare clutch fork.