[DMCForum] Re: banning, Sean, and Claude

[DMCForum] Re: banning, Sean, and Claude

As is my custom, I'll make my one post on this subject to present
my "moderate, middle-of-the-road" view:

1. You guys are both right. The Forum was created so that people
wouldn't be stifled for political reasons (ie disagreeing with
an "authority" or vendor) but I do believe that banning is acceptable
for people who totally clog the list with a personal arguement for
weeks at a time instead of moving it off-list or to a telephone..or
perhaps a vacant parking lot with a baseball bat. Claude did NOT get
the hint. He was removed by Walt, and I thank him for it. Claude was
an extreme case and I feel that banning him was correct. I also agree
that Sean should be given a chance to prove himself a public nuisance
before we terminate him.

2. Banning policies: Perhaps when someone gets totally out of hand,
we could hold a poll with Walt having the final say. We are enough of
a "Roman Circus" as it is ;) but every society must have at least
some laws.

3. I strongly advocate NOT putting Sean's name or ANY reference to
him on our buttons at all because we may end up sued for libel,
slander or some wierd form of copyright infringement. If his name is
on it, I ain't wearing it. Period.

4. Sean Corbett is guilty.(in the court of public opinion) We
disagree on what he is guilty of: Terminal stupidity or fraud. He's
also guilty of delusions for grandeur for painting himself as a
martyr to the auto-brokering cause. Either way, he's 23, and sorely
lacking in life-experience which may have led him to his
transgressions. I don't care which it is, but he's not nuisance
enough to ban (yet). I won't have any business dealings with him, I
won't recommend him to anyone but I do invite him to change my mind
(OFF LIST) as John Dore suggested.

Let's move on and help this new guy with his non-starting problem.

Rich A.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louie G <louie@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm not one of those who supports banning people simply because
they annoy us. Sean has made some dumb mistakes, and the way he views
his mistakes irks us all greatly. I agree with Travis that his f-ups
make all of the DeLorean community look bad, much like Claude and
Carl Tilley did. But Sean hasn't done anything nearly as aweful, and
he really hasn't done anything to harm anyone or be shady in the last
year. We'll be the assholes if we start running off people who simply
get on our nerves. As an owner/enthusiast he's got every right to be
here. I say we give Sean a chance to show he can be a decent guy and
an asset to the community. We all screw up... Lord knows I run my
damn mouth way too much... LOL. -Louie

> --- DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@xxxx> wrote:
> I think we should ban him if this keeps going on like the Claude
thing.

> Mark V

click here