[DMCForum] Re: Interior lights (grrr....)

[DMCForum] Re: Interior lights (grrr....)

Thanks for the info, Andrew, and others who replied. The stock lights
are pretty dim as-is. Of course this is coming from my Fiero which had
four bright bulbs up front in a smaller cockpit. ;)

On the front interior light, there are three wires. A ground, a +12V,
and a +12V that is only on with the doors. Can anyone tell me where
the two +12V lines run to from there?

Also, where is the brain for the delay circuit? Mine doesn't work, I'd
like to troubleshoot it.

Thank you!

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andrew <aos+yahoo@xxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 May 2004, thebrave65 wrote:
>
> > I can answer your second question: try autolumination.com.  The bulb
> > sizes for the interior are 1.5"x2" (festoon type).  The hood is 1.5"
> > and the trunk is 1.75".  Very resaonable prices for LED's.
>
> A couple of comments about these LEDs for interior lights...
>
> 1.  They're very dim.  They do not provide nearly as much light as the
> incandescent lights.  I find that they do not provide me enough
light to
> be particularly useful.
>
> 2.  They're very directed.  They light up mainly directly below
themselves
> and do not have much spill into the rest of the car.
>
> 3.  They don't provide enough resistance for the delay circuit.  If you
> simply replace both interior lights with these, you'll find that they
> never turn off when you close the doors.  You'll need to write in a
> resistor to make the delay circuit work again.
>
> 3b.  Our cars do have a delay circuit on the interior lights, right?
Mine
> does.  I've never heard anyone else mention it, though, so hopefully
it's
> not something done by a PO.
>
> -andrew

click here