[DMCForum] Starter Issues

Hello list,

Still having starting problems. Here's what I've done so far.

1) Removed starter and took it to an Auto Electronics shop. Guy said
it tested fine, I could hear it spinning when he had it on his bench.

2) Gave a good cleaning to all connections on starter and the leads
going to starter. Cleaned battery terminals and cables.

3) Reinstalled starter. Still won't fire. I turn the key and hear the
relay clicking, but starter does not turn.

4) When I jump between the terminals on the starter, it spins but
does not engage and turn the engine.

5) I interchanged the start inhibit relay (it's an auto) with the
relay next to it (a/c illumination?), but with no different results.

6) Swore and scratched my head a little.

Thoughts?

Nick

click here