Re: [DMCForum] Re: Interior lights (grrr....)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Interior lights (grrr....)

Add me to your list, my delay still works too.

Mark V

On Tuesday, May 11, 2004, at 11:36  AM, cruznmd wrote:

> Yes, the delay circuit is factory item. You're one of the few people
> I know whose delay still works.
>
> Rich A.
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andrew <aos+yahoo@xxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 May 2004, thebrave65 wrote:
>>
>>> I can answer your second question: try autolumination.com.  The
> bulb
>>> sizes for the interior are 1.5"x2" (festoon type).  The hood is
> 1.5"
>>> and the trunk is 1.75".  Very resaonable prices for LED's.
>>
>> A couple of comments about these LEDs for interior lights...
>>
>> 1.  They're very dim.  They do not provide nearly as much light as
> the
>> incandescent lights.  I find that they do not provide me enough
> light to
>> be particularly useful.
>>
>> 2.  They're very directed.  They light up mainly directly below
> themselves
>> and do not have much spill into the rest of the car.
>>
>> 3.  They don't provide enough resistance for the delay circuit.  If
> you
>> simply replace both interior lights with these, you'll find that
> they
>> never turn off when you close the doors.  You'll need to write in a
>> resistor to make the delay circuit work again.
>>
>> 3b.  Our cars do have a delay circuit on the interior lights,
> right?  Mine
>> does.  I've never heard anyone else mention it, though, so
> hopefully it's
>> not something done by a PO.
>>
>> -andrew
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Come see all of my Photo's at my Website's
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime
http://groups.msn.com/DMCPhotos/shoebox.msnw
http://www.exoticrides.com/galleries/showgallery.php?ppuser=57

click here