  From: Enid/Jeremiah [mailto:hispanicangeleyes@xxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 11:12 PM
  To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Cc: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [DMCForum] So far so good

  I thought I would take time out to thank everyone who
  replied to my no start problem.  Casey and I worked on
  the car today, and we got it running.  We actually
  turned the belts to help rock the motor.  Then we
  "hotwired" the car by attaching wire to the two bolts
  on the solenoid.  Once it cranked, we noticed that the
  resistor (0.5 ohm) wasn't getting power.  We took a
  wire and connected it from the "battery jump" positive
  pole next to the coolant bottle to the resistor - and
  the car fired right up.  We took the wire off thinking
  it would (and should) die - it didn't.  We cranked it
  about 5 more times, and the car fired every time.
  Dunno guys, weird car.  Anyhoo, there aer probably
  still starter issues, but at least there's some
  progress to report.  Give me your opinions; I'd like
  to hear them.  Have some substance behind your
  opinions - not just blatant "It still isn't fixed"
  comments.  TELL me why it isn't fixed yet; I don't
  need a nag comment.  Thank you.

  Jeremiah