[DMCForum] Re: Time for my fuel system fix

[DMCForum] Re: Time for my fuel system fix

Thanks Brian! Yeah, 23 year old car, fuel components are bound to have
problems. My car is running and driving just fine if I keep her above
1/2 tank. Well, except for a minor hot start issue, but it hasn't left
me stranded or anything. I'll get this licked soon enough!

My A/C is running nice and cold now thanks to a new pressure switch,
replacement of a leaky valve, and a fresh charge. Hopefully that was
the only leak. They put the dye stuff in like yours, if it loses
pressure again they'll be able to track down exactly where.

I've rebuilt my mode switch and just reconnected a lost vaccumn line
earlier this evening, so the climate controls are working much better.
Also changed the circuit on the A/C panel lights to only come on when
the car's lights are on instead of running all the time. Had to
disconnect my buggy door lock system (remember that weird clicking?
Yep, you guessed it). I'm working on a replacement for that now.

So all I have left to do is:

1. Fuel system fix.
2. A tune up of some sort. The car goes "BlubBlubBlubBlubBbbb" when
decelerating, and idles quite rough. Not sure what to do to fix this yet.
3. Replace noisy blower.
4. Install a bunch of new parts that are on their way - door switches,
new struts, interior light, etc. :)
5. Some new radiator hoses. A couple of mine are looking pretty poor.
6. Power antenna replacement.
7. Recover center & rear headliner.
8. Door lock "brain" & rewrap driver's side lock solenoid (I've got
new wire on the way).
9. I want to update the fan circuit once I figure out where it's been
modified. Somebody changed something at some point in time. I'd like
to beat people who make wiring changes without documenting them. :)
10. Keeping a close eye on the master cylinder. I'm told it's brand
new, so the fluid under the carpet may have been left over from the
old one.
11. Upgraded alternator from SpecialT and a complete audio system
replacement. These will have to go hand-in-hand. The power amps I'm
looking at will have the DeLorean's electrical system for lunch
without some serious upgrades & direct battery connections.
12. Tinted windows.
13. Install the 2 way paging alarm system that's on it's way.
14. Eventually replace the door seals; at least around the upper part.

It looks like a lot but it's not all that bad. A pretty minor list in
my opinion. In the meantime I'm driving and enjoying the heck out of
the car on a daily basis. I hope you get your fuel problems solved
soon so you can get back on the road. Wish I could be of help!
Eventually I'll learn enough about the car that I'll be able to
contribute back to the DeLorean community. Hopefully that's sooner
rather than later.

Oh hey, I bought one of those posters you showed me on eBay tonight.
It's going to look good next to my other DeLorean stuff. Thanks for
showing that to me.

-Ryan