Re: [DMCForum] transmission drain plug tool

Re: [DMCForum] transmission drain plug tool

> I will do the "fill" one first so that I know I can get
new oil in there. What is the best tool to do this?

I always end up using a pipe wrench.  The manual tranny
plugs have square heads on them, and they are made of a soft
metal.  Ideally there is probably a square socket to fit
over it.  Open-end wrenches usually wipe the corners off.

Before you drain the oil, try to check where the level is.
Sticking a pipe cleaner in the hole or a bread twist-tie
makes a good dipstick.

When you drain the oil, have the car hot and drain the oil
into a clean pan.  Then check the pan for what comes out.
It shouldn't be anything other than nasty looking oil.

Walt

click here