Re: [DMCForum] counterfeit e-mail

Yes and no - it's a virus that uses an address in your address book or
inbox and sends itself, supposedly from that address.

BUT

The way to spot this virus is the "from" field is always the address,
not the name - eg you see "Martin Gutkowski" in the "from" column on
this e-mail. If you see my e-mail address, it's a virus that has come
from an infected computer which has an e-mail from me on it. We're on
mailing lists with lots of members, our addresses are likely to be on
lots of computers

Martin