[DMCForum] Re: counterfeit e-mail

The new breed of Viri (is that plural for multiple virus?) tend to
steal addresses from mail sitting in your inbox.

That means, someone out there on the list has a virus.  The behavior
is it send's itself back out to known addresses (either from mail
received, or the address book) using other known addresses (not
necessarily the REAL one it is being sent from).  In other words, it
could be anyone on the list.

I use the Yahoo web mail because it makes it difficult for a virus to
spread through me.

Check the full header of the mail you receive, and get the IP address
of where it came from.  Then, check to see if you can locate the
owner of that IP address and let them know they have a virus.