Re: [DMCForum] Re: Questions on Houstons engine

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, content22207 wrote:

> Isn't the key word in your post "turbo"? Houston's engine is NOT
> forced induction.

Oh, sure.  I was responding to your comment about sports cars not pulling
trailers.  I think you can have the best of both worlds.

> Plus I hate to point out the obvious, but while an Audi can be called
> many things, "sports car" isn't one of them.

What exactly do you call a sports car?  Is a car disqualified simply
because it's got four doors?  Personally, I think a car that produces 500
horsepower and 600 lb-ft on race gas, does 0-60 in just over four seconds,
finishes the quarter mile in under 12, and has the suspension to take the
twisties at 60 qualifies, no matter how many doors it's got.  What's your
definition?

> Torque is the name of the game though, isn't it. Without it, you don't
> tow anything.

Yeah, you're definitely right here.  That's why I love forced aspiration.
Turbos are torque machines.

> My Ford truck with "only" 170 HP pulled a 5,000 lbs Lincoln over South
> Mountain (Maryland I-70, ask Mike C or Rich A about it) with some
> effort, but still cresting in 2nd gear.

Diesel?

My brother and sister-in-law just ordered a V10 TDI VW Toureg.  That thing
promises to be a monster, particularly after the addition of a performance
chip.  I can't wait.  :)

> BTW: what's the GTW of that unit body Audi? May need to take it easy
> before you rip the poor thing in half...

2000 pounds.  :)  Hey, it's AWD!

-andrew