Re: [DMCForum] Lowering Springs

> Has anyone installed either DMCH or PJ Grady's lowering
springs?

The configuration I'm running on my daily driver at present
is Grady lowering springs on the front with DMCH shocks all
around.  The car handles good, but the front is a little
soft and tends to bottom out when pulling into parking lots
too fast.  This wasn't an issue when I used Grady's shocks &
springs together.  And it wouldn't be an issue if I used the
complete DMCH kit.  It's all a matter of having a shocks &
springs that are matched to work together.

I haven't installed the DMCH springs yet because I don't yet
have a spring compressor that I feel safe with.  When I
installed the Grady springs, I got by using a NAPA spring
compressor, but it wasn't a good fit.

Some people say that the job is unnecessarily dangerous and
should be left to a professional suspension shop.  But my
experience is that they won't even know how to pick the car
up without damaging it and probably won't have the correct
spring compressor anyway.  The folks at DMCH told me the
make & model of the compressor they use, but I forgot where
I wrote it down.  (a lot of good that does.)

If you are on a budget then the PJ Grady springs do enough.
They get the nose of the car down where it belongs.  The
rear springs are fine.

If you are into gourmet handling, then get the whole DMCH
kit.  Whatever you do, I suggest replacing the original
shock absorbers.  They weren't very good anyway, and they're
getting pretty old to be safe.  I've seen a few leak
already.

Another alternative for springs & shocks is to check out
what the Mid-states DeLorean club is selling (Marty Maier?).

Walt