Re: [DMCForum] Front Brake Rotors

At 11:36 AM 4/4/2004, you wrote:
>Recently, someone posted information about Capri Rotors being
>interchangeable with The DMC front rotors.
>
>I have not been able to locate that post.
>
>Would someone please repost that information.
>
>Thanks
>
>Scott

Nope. Capri CALIPERS will interchange, but rotors seem to be unique to the
DeLorean. Try brakewarehouse.com for the rotors. They have the best price I
have seen, although if anyone else knows of cheaper I would be happy to
know about it.

Here is the info for interchange on the brakes. I have tested the Raybestos
brand part numbers listed below on my car and they are a perfect fit.

front:  front calipers for a 1976 Mercury Capri (engine size doesn't matter
if they ask)

rear: rear calipers for a 1979 Jaguar XJS  (engine size doesn't matter if
they ask)

The fronts are pretty reasonable, but since the rear ones are from a Jag,
they're automatically rarer and more expensive. When you go pricing these,
be sure to ask if the item they are quoting is "loaded" or "unloaded",
meaning - does it include the pads or not. The rear calipers do NOT include
the parking brake components.

I prefer GOOD parts so I bought Raybestos, which I consider to be the best
remanufactured calipers. They were a bit more expensive, especially for the
rears, but I prefer this brand over ones like A1 Cardone or the AutoZone
house brand.

Part numbers below are for loaded calipers and prices are from
Checker/Shucks/Kragen, if you live in the western US. All of these are
"loaded", or in other words, they have the pads included. Raybestos makes a
good pad IMO. Pricing was obtained from cskauto.com and verified with the
local Checker. You could order from the online store. The Raybestos part
numbers are their own, not Checker's, so you can use that part number
anywhere that handles Raybestos parts.

Front:
LF     Raybestos   RC3004   $56
        A1 Cardone  17-245   $59

RF     Raybestos   RC3003   same as left
        A1 Cardone  17-244       "

LR     Raybestos   RC3856   $162
        A1 Cardone  17-769   $115

RR     Raybestos   RC3855   same as left
        A1 Cardone  17-768       "

Mark N
VIN 6820

click here