Re: [DMCForum] Vibration

> I have a vibration through my steering column when I brake
from
> speeds of 40 MPH and higher.

Vibration on braking could be caused by warped rotors.  But
if it doesn't shake the steering wheel at low speeds while
braking then the problem is probably elsewhere.

> I do have a vibration
> from 65mph to 75 mph before it fades out.

I get this on my car too at about the same speed.  In my
case, I'm sure it is a wheel balance issue.  And in your
case it could also be that you may have a wheel that is not
completely round.  Try picking up the car so that the
suspect wheel just barely touches the ground.  Turn the
wheel and see if the distance-to-ground changes.  I have had
terrible luck getting wheels balanced.  I would love to find
a way to balance my own wheels on the car.

> The tire tech at Sears says I have "cupping" indicating a
"bouncing"
> or high speed up and down motion of the tire while
driving.

This could be due to bad shock absorbers.  I have seen a few
OEM shocks go bad.  They are quite old and not very good to
begin with anyway.  There are cross-references for common
shocks that fit the front without modification if your not
interested in the made-for-DeLorean alternatives.

Walt