Re: [DMCForum] Re: That darn water return pipe
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [DMCForum] Re: That darn water return pipe

It is an input.  Its is the return to the water pump
from the heater core.  The origionating "to the heater
core" would be the hose coming off the engine
(distributor side) off the block.

Did that make any scense?
whats a herbert?



--- cruznmd <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi James,
> I don't think you're being a herbert at all. That's
> a totally valid
> question. The only evidence I have to refute your
> theory is that I
> know of several people who've been running a single
> rubber piece in
> the "valley" with no troubles for some time.
> I thought that port on the water pump was an output,
> not an input.
> Perhaps Martin can shed more light on this?
> Rich A.
> #5335
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jamesrguk"
> <James_rg@xxxx> wrote:
> > Clever people,
> >
> > Excuse me for being a bit fik, but I was once told
> that the reason
> > that the pipe under the intake manifold is solid
> and not squidy
> > rubber, is because the water at that point in the
> cooling system is
> > being sucked throught it rather than pumped
> throught it.
> >
> > i.e. the excessive heat due to sitting right on
> top of the engine
> and
> > the suction from the pump could result in a
> rubber/silicone pipe
> > collapsing.
> >
> > Am I being a complete herbert?
> >
> >
> >
> > James RG UK
> > VIN 5462

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links

Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN

Copyright 2006  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive